Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Before our epilogue begins...

Before you, my most beloved readers, get to laugh, cry, cry tears of laughing or gasp in sympathy towards Beauty, allow me to remind you that this story will not be based off of the Disney movie of Beauty and the Beast (they ruin almost everything wonderful).  This story will be from the wonderful, and original, french fairytale itself.  You might wonder why Beauty does or does not mention certain things.  In that case you must look up the real story yourself.  But lets not ravel in nonsense shall we?  Let us continue with admiration for our favorite characters with a new light. 
But first, I shall recount the ending of the original story that Beauty witnessed herself:

"My heart was crushed, slaughtered, sank, and anything that can happen to a poor and lowly heart when death is before it.  My poor beast lie at my feet nearly dead, and I was about to watch the 'nearly' be drained out of him.  If only I had known how much I truly loved him!  He may not have been handsome, but he was sweet and loving and everything I ever wanted for a husband. 
I fell upon him with much sorrow, which wasn't a very long fall, and cried "Oh, Beast, I do love you, I really do.  I will take you for husband, I will live forever in this castle for you, I will promise never to even think about my poor father ever again, just so that I may be with you for ever and ever!"
As I wept on my poor dying friend, the castle had suddenly become extremely warm.  Almost blistering hot.  I may have been grieving, but the loud crash and the end of the hall did indeed get my attention.  I turned to see that the entire castle was erupting like fireworks!  I saw every color I had ever known and some colors quite new to me.  It was magnificent, but it was scary.  I assumed that the castle was losing its magic and it was falling apart.  Fine then.  Let it take me along with its master and my beloved.
I knelt down and closed my eyes, awaiting for my fate to take me.  But the explosions stopped.  And I was still kneeling there.  Had I died a painless death?  I dared to open my eyes and it seemed I wasn't dead after all.  But the castle had taken a dramatic change.  It was bright and beautiful with angels for statues and the carpets and rugs were all fashioned like roses!  I had never known that they were there before. 
Oh, how could I forget my Beast!  I turned to him suddenly, but he was not there.  I saw a handsome young man laying before me in fine clothes that seemed very much too large for him.  He opened his eyes and looked around excitedly.  His eye darted form place to place in the garden until they fell upon his hand.  Then he gasped and felt it as if he had never had a hand before.
I was glad that this man had his hand back, but I was so confused as to were Beast had gone.  This made me cry again.  The man then made a sudden look at me and smiled.
"Where is my beast!"  I cried "and who are you and where is my beast!"
I tried to get up and run from him, for he really scared me, but he grabbed my arm saying "Beauty, do you not see it in my eyes?  It is me.  I am your beast!"
"That cannot be!"  I argued in the politest way I could.
"Oh, but it is.  I was a prince once, Beauty, a mean and prideful prince.  I was cursed when I refused a women to come inside my castle, little did I know she was a wicked fairy. She cursed me so that I may be a monster for the rest of my life, unless a beautiful virgin were to fall in love with me and forget my hideousness."
I realized now, that this really was my beast.  Not for what he said, but for his personality. I know it from anywhere.
He laughed.
I had never heard him laughed before and he scared me even more and so I tried to run away again, but he lifted me from my feet so I could do nothing about it.  I was too petrified to do anything and so I let him carry me into the ball room, where sudden a beautiful tall lady stood in the middle if it all.  And she had fairy wings! 
"A fairy!" I gasped!
"Yes," Said Beast nuzzling his nose to mine, which I found a bit strange for a man to do.  I never had a courting man give me affection like that...."

Okay, I'll stop there, if I keeping going it will get a little silly.  But you see, those final sentences will shape the rest of Beauty's diary.  I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment